Colorado Springs

Toll-Free in Colorado

Veterans' Disability FAQs

What do I need to win my claim?



You must show that:

What evidence will you need to win your claim? What evidence do you need to win your case?

  1. You sustained an injury or contracted a disease during service

  2. You currently have a disability or disease

  3. Your current condition is related to your service-connected injury or disease

In addition, you will need enough evidence to prove each of these points.

Exactly what you will need to win your case depends on the facts and circumstances of your claim.



DISCLAIMER-These FAQs are a public resource for general information. These questions and answers have been prepared by Spencer & Spencer for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. No client or other reader should rely on, act on, or refrain from acting based on information contained in this website without seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice.


Our lawyers handle all types of Veteran's Disability claims including claims at the Regional Office, Board of Veteran's Affairs (BVA) and U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans' Claims (CAVC).

If you want to speak to a lawyer in Colorado Springs about your case, you have several options-you can fill out our online case evaluation form, call us, or e-mail us, and a Colorado Springs attorney will evaluate your case for FREE.

We have many clients from around Southern Colorado and the Western Slope including Alamosa, Buena Vista, Denver, Castle Rock, Colorado Springs, Durango, Grand Junction, Salida, La Junta, Lamar, Monument, Pueblo, and Walsenburg.

Our attorney has helped thousands of people get the benefits they deserve. We look forward to serving you!