If you’ve been getting the run-around from the VA and your VSO doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere, contacting Congress can get the wheels turning.
To contact your U.S. Senator or Representative, go to Project Vote Smart, and click on “Complete Contact Information” once you get to your senator’s or representative’s page. Let them know about the trouble you’ve been having with the VA and they will assign someone to look into your case.
Sometimes help from your senator or representative is not enough. If they are not on one of the veterans’ affiars committees, you may also need to contact senators or representatives that are on the veterans’ affairs comittees.
Click on the tab that says “VA Benefits Claims Process.” You will get:
- information on the VA disability process,
- a list of the Senators who serve on the Veterans Affairs Committee, and
- contact information so you can get assistance with your claim.
You will find:
- information about VA,
- a description of the benefits that are available, and
- information about how to get help with your claim.